New Rheum Doctor: Who Did I Piss Off in a Past Life, and Why Haven’t I Won the Lottery?
Saw another rheumatologist this morning.
- Very thorough
- Excellent staff
- Spent an hour and 20 minutes with me
The not so good:
- He’s never seen my mutation before (obviously. If Mayo Clinic has never seen it before, why would a rural Thomasville doctor?)
- There’s evidence of both autoimmune and genetic diseases (no shit)
- There is evidence of both Lupus and Still’s Disease (no shit)
- Discussed Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- The drug he, like Dr. S, thinks will be most effective is the one damn drug I can’t afford: Kineret. The one that costs more than my rent.
- No remission for the genetic disease.
I still think a research hospital/affiliation will be beneficial, so I’m going to check out Shands. Perhaps the NIH programs for enigmas like myself.
So that’s that and I don’t have the brain power to elaborate at the moment.
For now, I am going to take a large dose of pain medication, sleep, and fight off this looming existential crisis.