On the Radar for May Awareness Events! Get Involved, Get Educated, Get Empowered!
I’m baaack! Final exams are over, I moved out of my horrible apartment complex, and am home in south Florida for a little while to regroup, see doctors, and focus on May advocacy events.
Speaking of advocacy events, these should be on your radar this month:
- World Autoimmune Arthritis Day! May 20, 2013— second annual WAAD! This time, it’s going to be twice the size of last year’s event! I will be giving a presentation on self esteem, self love, and autoimmune arthritis. More to come about how to register (it’s completely free!), what you can expect, and how to attend from the comfort of your couch!* Not sure what qualifies as Autoimmune Arthritis? Learn more here!
- For the Love of Laura. If you don’t already know, there has been a facebook page established in Laura’s (of Still’s Life.com— you can read more about her here) memory. On May 10th, there will be a 10 minute memorial/moment of silence and Laura’s family asks that you attend the page for the event. Please stop by and share some love, a kind story, or little bit about how Laura’s blog/story reached you. More details to come.
- Arthritis Awareness Month— this year’s theme is I Am the Face of Arthritis. More info soon about how to participate and what you can expect here on Chronic Curve to celebrate the month.
- World Lupus Day— May 10th, 2013. Don’t forget to sign the awareness pledge!
- World Ankylosing Spondylitis Day— May 4, 2013! How many of you Walked Your AS off in celebration this year?
Check back shortly for more event pages this week.