Friday Favourites 07/27/2012
1. Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser— the only product that seems to have any real effect on my post-infusion acne that does not irritate or worsen my very sensitive skin. I got mine from Ulta— you get a free gift with purchase of the cleanser.
2. Nike Dri-Fit Women’s Shorts— I live in these. Dri-fit absorbs the sweat from the summer heat, they’re extremely comfortable, don’t push on my sore hips, are perfect for hiding bloat (IBD/Endo/Pelvic pain sufferers, this one is for you!), perfect for exercise, and come in every color/size you can think of. The perfect chronic illness shorts. I got mine for half off retail price at my local Nordstrom Rack, so check outlet stores before you buy at full price.
3. The Leighton Pearl Summer Bracelet Line— Light weight, designed with summer, studs, and sore joints in mind. You can layer them, dress them up or down, and they are the perfect gift for any friend. I’ll be posting them here shortly, but click to order/view photos.
4. Essie’s Lilacism— this week’s nail color, a perfect purple that is both flattering to my very red hands yet not overpowering. Since many of you have been asking, I get my nail polishes at GBS Beauty Supply Store for significantly less than the retail price.
5. Information Central Notepad— Love this pad. I have a slightly different one by the same brand that I found at Target. Include sections for to do, to call, to email, and notes. The ultimate to-do list desk pad. This also doubles as a mouse pad.
6. Blue Sky Weekly/Monthly Planner— an 8.5x11 (the one pictured here is smaller; the 8.5x11 can only be found in stores) planner for $9.99 at Target, sections include a full monthly calendar, a weekly planner, and large spaces for daily tasks/assignments. Perfect for combining my blog, school, and medical schedule from July 2012 to June 2013. Comes in plenty of patterns, so go check them out at Target or order online, especially if you are looking for a way to beat the brain fog and stay organized this semester.
7. 1200mg Fish Oil— A must-have for my daily routine. If you aren’t taking this for your inflammation, absolutely speak to your doctor about the health benefits of taking a fish oil capsule and go read the very legitimate studies on the effects of the supplement.
In case you missed it: Check out last week’s Friday Favourites
These are my chronic illness Friday Favourites. What are yours?