It’s My Party and I’ll Cry if I Want to.
Most of us expend an extraordinary amount of effort in order to stay focused, distracted, positive, and productive in the face of constant suffering. It’s not easy work. It takes time, energy, and often we use up our emotional reserves.
And when that tank of emotional energy hits empty, we crack and a bad day grabs us and kicks our ass. So when I’m hormonal, haven’t slept at all, am in pain, am flaring, and I am sad, I’m not going to get angry at myself for letting those emotions surface and not putting on a fake smile.
It is okay to cry.
It is okay to be sad.
It is okay to be angry.
And you know what?
I will not be made to feel guilty for having those emotions and acknowledging them. Sometimes having a pity party and a good cry is healthy. Ignoring and bottling up those emotions is not.
So if you have someone in your life that refuses to handle your bad days (whether that be by giving you space or being kind and respectful of your boundaries) and reacts with anger, yelling, and guilt tripping, just remember that there is no reason to feel guilty. You go through on a daily basis more than they do in a lifetime, and it is okay to have a bad day. So have a bad day. Watch movies, eat your favourite food, and don’t stop the tears if they come.
And if you are the loved one of a chronically ill individual, save your yelling for someone else who might benefit from your poor communication and coping skills.
pity party and I’ll cry if I want to, and you are not invited.
81 Notes/ Hide
- missile-toe likes this
- seeraeread likes this
- waxyohatchee likes this
- mirrored-mazes likes this
- beautyofthesoft likes this
- prodesseq likes this
- farmcntryhoney likes this
- supremethunda likes this
- fucking-niall likes this
- kaptainkittei likes this
- happythatyourehappy likes this
- spinie reblogged this from butidontfeelstronger
- butidontfeelstronger reblogged this from chroniccurve
- awildrocciappears likes this
- ahaze reblogged this from chronicallyscrewed
- brightorangerain reblogged this from chroniccurve
- brightorangerain likes this
- myfibrolife likes this
- glitchinthematrixx likes this
- ahundredpillsbetweenteeth reblogged this from chronic-illness-support
- imagasnations reblogged this from chroniccurve
- lost-my-wings likes this
- notyourinspiration reblogged this from chroniccurve
- butyoudontlooksick reblogged this from thiscouldmakeyouhappy
- tifflovestrek likes this
- thiscouldmakeyouhappy reblogged this from chronicallyscrewed
- vidabelissimo reblogged this from used2thepain
- ahundredpillsbetweenteeth likes this
- chronic-illness-support reblogged this from chroniccurve
- anonymous-sibyl reblogged this from chronicallyscrewed and added:
- joellesolo likes this
- reallyrude likes this
- used2thepain reblogged this from chronicallyscrewed
- nataliewms likes this
- maiseydotes reblogged this from sherlockcat
- humphreydeforestbogart likes this
- heartofcathedrals likes this
- heartofcathedrals reblogged this from chroniccurve
- hit-in-the-boingloins likes this
- hit-in-the-boingloins reblogged this from lifewithautoimmune
- whiskeywanderlustpoet reblogged this from chroniccurve
- lifewithautoimmune reblogged this from chronicallyscrewed
- taletreader likes this
- supervermilion likes this
- rainbowrosepetals likes this
- aleyhay reblogged this from livingwithendo
- nursingmonkeymomma likes this
- ahaze likes this
- 50shades-of-ba-sing-se reblogged this from chroniccurve and added: