Patient Burn Out
Burn Out: exhaustion of physical or emotional strength usually as a result of prolonged stress or frustration
Imagine a case of the absolute worst writer’s block accompanied by a looming deadline, but for the body. Imagine being here, but not present. When little tasks like picking up the phone, scheduling basic appointments, completing menial tasks become marathons (more than they already are for those with chronic disease(s)).
Have you ever experienced patient burn out? How did you revamp and get back into action? I’d love some tips from those of you who have experienced this.
I am burnt out. Truthfully, I am completely emotionally, mentally, and physically spent. My list of responsibilities and tasks to complete keeps piling and my fatigue keeps increasing.
I have been putting off medical appointments for weeks now. I need to see
my spine surgeon, the dentist (shudder*), a urogynecologist, my primary gynecologist, find a new internist, not to mention my usual rheumatologist appointments and infusion days. Oh, also an endocrinologist and wherever that might lead me. Along with each of those appointments comes more tests, needles, medications, more poking and prodding, more scans and medical bills… It’s exhausting.
I dread the dentist and so does my jaw. The words “urology” and “uro” bring back shudder-filled memories urethral stents. Mm, yes, been there, done that.
I’m not sad or depressed, but I’m just feeling worn and tired. Not a sleepy tired, but a not-there kind of tired.
I have some really great posts in the works that I’m excited to share with you, but I’m struggling to put them together. I’ve been avoiding driving and phone conversations because I just feel like of hazy and out of it, almost like my brain is in slow motion (I have yet to find the words to describe exactly how it feels). My words and thoughts feel disjointed and not well put together.
I’ve experienced this in the past, but never for this long. I’m not sure how to revamp and rejuvenate this time. I am thinking about putting Chronic Curve, blogging, and all things fundraising aside for a few weeks while I combat some of the latest stressors and anxieties.
Have you ever experienced patient burn out? How did you revamp and get back into action? Please, I’d love some tips from those of you who have experienced this.
38 Notes/ Hide
- tarardh likes this
- moratorium likes this
- veruca-assault reblogged this from chroniccurve
- dahmersfishisnamedalbert likes this
- hathooks reblogged this from chroniccurve
- miserablexatxbest reblogged this from transistorwithissues
- miserablexatxbest likes this
- mathcat345 likes this
- transistorwithissues reblogged this from livingwithendo
- livingwithendo reblogged this from chroniccurve
- somecharacterinabook likes this
- 50shades-of-ba-sing-se reblogged this from chroniccurve
- inspirationstoshare likes this
- witchy-poo likes this
- laryssanykol likes this
- secretsofthedisabled likes this
- katisconfused said: I have been putting off important phonecalls because I just can’t deal with all of this anymore. It’s too frustrating to put in all this work trying to accomplish things and then people who don’t care making it useless…
- artcoloredglasses likes this
- pagentstorm reblogged this from chronic-illness-support
- elaineofshallott likes this
- comradeskittles reblogged this from thyrogirl
- thyrogirl reblogged this from chroniccurve
- hold-on-pain-ends16 reblogged this from chroniccurve
- chronic-illness-support reblogged this from chroniccurve
- hartt-on likes this
- taletreader likes this
- reinedelaseine14 likes this
- azhuresunsoar said: I’ve experienced probably a mild version of that, and like someone else said, I think I just kept doing what I needed to do. Sometimes I would sit crying just to get the frustrations -out- somewhere. But mostly internalized a lot of it.
- azhuresunsoar likes this
- pookascrayon said: Sent you a message, it was easier for all the text.
- pookascrayon likes this
- thorgoddessofthunderthighs reblogged this from chroniccurve and added:
- instructions-are-included likes this
- chroniccurve posted this