World Autoimmune Arthritis Day: May 20th, 2012
Thanks to the always inspiring International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement, those of us with Autoimmune Arthritis now have a day to spread awareness.
In October, we rallied up for World Arthritis Day. Blue was the color; Osteoarthritis the focus. While there is nothing wrong with fighting OA and wearing blue proudly, we were stuck underneath that umbrella as per usual.
But not this year. This day, we’re putting our umbrellas away rain or shine. Our colors are blue and purple, and we will make them seen.
What is World Autoimmune Arthritis Day?
- A 47-hour ONLINE international awareness event
What events are being held?
- Online presentations hosted by Autoimmune Arthritis community leaders and activists
- Interact with presenters and chat in groups with others participating
- Participate in polls and surveys, which help various organizations help patients
- Participate in WAAM’s Call to Action awareness posts
- Visit vendor booths— awareness gear: bracelets, pins, shirts, you name it. Yours truly and her bracelets will be there ;)
How do I get information and get involved?
- To participate in these events, register for free here online.
- Why register? Registering allows you to receive notification of the official WAAD schedule, programs, organizations that will be involved, vendor discounts, and a chance to submit your story to be featured during the day!
- Simple: just include your name, email, and type of Autoimmune Arthritis— nothing more!
What diseases fall under the AA name?
- Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Juvenile Arthritis (JI/RA), Still’s Disease, Psoriatic Arthritis, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and Undifferentiated/Mixed Connected Tissue Disease
Band together for Autoimmune Arthritis,
10 Notes/ Hide
- steex likes this
- reinedelaseine14 reblogged this from my-lupus-state-of-mind
- lifewithautoimmune reblogged this from my-lupus-state-of-mind
- bleulotus19 reblogged this from chroniccurve
- lifeisneverokay reblogged this from chroniccurve
- shelbycaitlin likes this
- chronicstories reblogged this from chroniccurve
- my-lupus-state-of-mind reblogged this from chroniccurve
- chroniccurve posted this