Buy A Bracelet!
In an effort to raise money towards research for a cure/better treatments and to turn Chronic Curve into a full fledged organization, I will be selling Cure Rheumatoid Arthritis bracelets for $5.00. Half the proceeds will be donated. In time, I would like to see donations go towards a scholarship fund, but this idea is still in preliminary planning with the appropriate contacts.
My goal is to not only provide donations to research organizations, but also create a scholarship fund for other chronically ill students who embody what CC stands for— living the best life you can while advocating and educating others and spreading awareness in the community.
Please help me spread some awareness, fight a debilitating disease that affects millions of people globally, and help me help others. I can’t do this without your help.
- To purchase a bracelet: go here to the CC store. Please allow 2-3 weeks for shipping and processing.
- If you would rather make a donation (of any amount, no matter how small) please click the DONATE button on the sidebar.
Where will the money be going?
- With this first haul of bracelets sold (200 bracelets/haul. About 80 or so left to go), I will be making out a donation to the Arthritis National Research Foundation.
Why the ANRF?
- I spent a considerable amount of time searching for the right organization to donate to. I have always been a lover of all things science and wanted to know that the money I have raised and so many people have spent will be going directly to an organization that will put it towards research. The ANRF does just that and makes clear where there money is going. When any amount of money is involved, it’s critical that you are confident it goes where it needs to for yourcause.
Specifically, the ANRF seeks to research the prevention, treatment, and cure of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Juvenile Arthritis, and other types of AA.
To give you an idea of just how incredible this organization is: the ANRF helped fund the physician who discovered Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF), which is the molecule that triggers the inflammatory process in Rheumatoid Arthritis (hence why many patients take Anti-TNF biologics like Enbrel, Humira, and Remicade). They also funded a physician who discovered a protein that stops the progression of RA and reverses the disease in mice. You can read about the recipients of their funding, breakthroughs reached with their help, and the physicians and scientists paying the way here.
When will you be sending out the donation?
- Once I sell the remaining 80 bracelets of the 200 I initially ordered, I will be making the donation and, of course, will provide proof both online and via email to all those who ordered.
Note that I will not be stopping this bracelet fundraiser after the first haul is sold. I will be ordering a second round in May. We’re going to keep the momentum going! My goal is ultimately to raise $2,000. The funds from this second round may go to another organization with the same goals, and as the time approaches I will be taking a poll to see where readers and buyers would like their donations to be sent.
PLEASE spread this like wildfire. Like the facebook page, send an email to your family members and friends, whatever gets the word out best. No other Rheumatoid Arthritis silicone awareness bracelets exist in the world and with funding being as low as $26/person, we need every cent we are lucky enough to receive.
I would love if you would send me a photo of yourself wearing the bracelet for a collage/project I am creating. Feel free to post them on the facebook wall or send them to CC email.